Today I’m delighted to have author Bonnie Trachtenberg as a guest. We’ve become friends through our connections with the awe-mazing WoMen’s Literary Cafe and also the fabulous Love A Happy Ending, both of which are sites you should definitely visit as a writer or a reader.
Here’s an idea of the type of woman she is. If you were having a bad day and wanted to call a truly reliable friend who would listen to you, give you good advice, and make you laugh … no matter what …then you would call Bonnie. She just has that way about her.
To quote from her website:
“Bonnie Trachtenberg graduated from New York University with a major in Film and Television Production. She promptly found a job on a B movie you never heard of. Four days later she retired from her film career after working the craft service truck and throwing her back out while attempting to lift a man-sized coffee urn.
Realizing she was meant to be a writer, Bonnie worked 4,749 crappy jobs (give or take) on two coasts before being published in a national magazine.”
See what I mean? She is hilarious! She went on from that not-so-illustrious beginning to write seven children’s book adaptations, countless magazine and newspaper articles, and recently published her award-winning novel Wedlocked. All of her contact information can be found below and when you have finished reading her novel, be sure to let her know how much you enjoyed it. That kind of feedback means more to us writers than anything!
Before she shares some information with you, here’s just one of the many excellent reviews Wedlocked has received. Oh, and by the way, you will laugh out loud when you read the story. I did!
“Wedlocked is a delight, filled with humor and heart. You’ll surely cheer as you follow Rebecca Ross’s trials and triumphs as she navigates her way to finding her true self—and true love—at last.”
—Francine LaSala, author of Rita Hayworth’s Shoes
Take it away, Bonnie!
7 Splendid Things You Should Know About Wedlocked: A Novel
by Bonnie Trachtenberg
- Wedlocked: A Novel is inspired by true events. In 1999, I had a brief, disastrous marriage, the events of which were so bizarre I knew they had to be turned into a book. Wedlocked, my debut novel, is the result. As difficult as that time in my life was, I was able to transform the unfortunate episode into an entertaining romantic comedy—my way of turning lemons in lemonade!
- The most unbelievable scenes in the book were not out of my imagination, they were taken from actual incidents. When I later conveyed the goings-on of my honeymoon to friends and family, I got used to seeing wide eyes and dropped jaws—another clue that convinced me the story lent itself to literature.
- Wedlocked was an award-winning finalist in USA Book News’ “BEST BOOKS OF 2011” (Women’s Lit/Chick Lit). It also made it onto Amazon’s Bestseller lists for Literary Fiction and Literature.
- I appear, phone in, or Skype in to book clubs who read my book in order to answer questions and talk about the story—as well as the story behind the story. I find that people are fascinated with determining the truth from the fiction and I am happy to oblige.
- Wedlocked’s biggest selling tool is word of mouth. I find this a huge compliment as it means that I’ve done my job well in creating a book that people not only enjoy, but enthusiastically recommend to friends, family and in their posted book reviews.
- Wedlocked is available in hardcover, softcover and ebook. You can now Kindle or Nook a copy for only 99cents. This is a limited promotion designed to encourage readers all over the world to familiarize themselves with my work and hopefully become fans!
- Wedlocked is available for sale at Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Booksamillion.com and many other channels.
Bonnie Trachtenberg is the award-winning, bestselling author of Wedlocked: A Novel. She was senior writer and copy chief at Book-of-the-Month Club and has written seven children’s book adaptations. She has also written for three newspapers and penned countless magazine articles. Trachtenberg lives on Long Island with her husband, four cats and a dog. Her second novel will be released in early 2012.
You can learn more about Bonnie and read her blog at: http://www.BonnieTrachtenberg.com.
Find her on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/BonnieTrachtenberg and http://www.Facebook.com/Wedlocked
Follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/writebrainedny
Buy Wedlocked on Amazon:
Buy Wedlocked on Amazon UK
Buy Wedlocked at Barnes and Noble
You know from my tagline, I always say everyone has a story. Some are more unbelievable than others and it takes a strong character to turn some of life’s personal disasters into entertaining tales. There isn’t always humour to be found in many experiences but whether the situations have been good or bad, there are always lessons to be learned. How do you feel your story is going? May the next chapter be the best yet!
Nicky Wells says
Great post! It’s always wonderful to ‘meet’ the author behind the book. It’s on my wishlist, and I can’t wait. Thank for sharing, Bonnie, and thanks to Patricia for hosting this fab feature on her blog. You guys rock!! XX
Thanks for stopping by, Nicky! Your radio interviews have been going smashingly well too!
Natalie Hartford says
Thanks so much Patricia for bringing us such a great story and author. Bonnie sounds right up my alley! I love that the story is based on some true events. I’ve ordered it for my Kindle and can’t wait to try and figure out truth from fiction! LOL!
I read it on my Kindle too and as hilarious as things are early on in the book, I really loved the ending!
Patricia, thanks for introducing us to the “awe-mazing” Bonnie. I love that term. So cool.
Bonnie, your book sounds like one I’ll enjoy and priced so I can afford it. So thank you for that. You’re so right about word of mouth being the best advertising and the best compliment. Best of luck to you with your writing career!
Hey Lynn, thanks for stopping by.I know we will be hearing a lot more from Bonnie!
Tameri Etherton says
What a fabulous lady! I love that book cover. The story sounds fascinating and knowing it’s based on her true life, that ups the enticement level. Thanks for introducing us to her, Patricia!
Hey Tameri, it is a FAB cover!
Niamh Clune (@NiamhClune) says
Always a great recipe to bring humour in the equation. Lovely Blog!
Yes indeed! Thanks for stopping by, Niamh.
Linn B Halton says
Books based on ‘real events’ are always an eye-opener – real life love/falling- out-of incidents often verge on the ‘unbelieveable’ (laugh!). Such a good use of a bad experience Bonnie…. great post Patricia!
Thanks for stopping by, Linn. Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction!
Kit Domino says
I can’t wait to read this book now, it sounds a real hoot. Wishing Bonnie every success with it, and thanks for a great post, Patricia.
Chris Longmuir says
Great post and great interview, Patricia. It convinced me to buy the book and it’s now nestling cosily on my Kindle among all the other books to be read.
Don’t you just LOVE your Kindle???
Thanks for stopping by, Kit.
August McLaughlin says
Sounds like I’ll have to read WEDLOCKED, both due to the fab author and to take a guess at the reality inspired events!
Thanks for introducing us to Bonnie, Patricia. Best wishes to Bonnie for continued and growing success!
Hey August, thanks for dropping by. Before I got to know Bonnie I really wondered about this story, particularly the first part, but it’s definitely based on her own experiences. Life can be crazy!
Louise Gibney says
I love the fact the most unbelievable bit of your book are actual events in your life – same as my book ‘Girl meets boys’ – internet age comedy romance.
Also, stroke of genius using Skype to reach far away book clubs!
Hey Louise – I just liked your f/b page and will go back and spend more time later. We should compare our books! Thanks for stopping by!