A brief respite from bad news …

If it’s Friday, it must be France …

Some days it feels like there’s nothing but bad news. Here are a few of my favourite photos from Provence to bring you a moment or two of day-dreaming … let’s fly away together … allons-y …

That top photo is our view of the eastern side of Nice and the vieux (old) port as we fly in. How is that for a welcome?

I hope this helped to brighten your day! Wherever you are, I wish you safety and, with any luck, a bon weekend. Our thoughts are with everyone.

About Patricia Sands

Family, writing and travel are my passions ... okay, and chocolate ... and I'm seldom without a camera. I write women's fiction and keep in touch with readers by a monthly newsletter that also has giveaways and contests. Come and join us by signing up on the right. See you there!

Comments

1. Thank u beautiful lady I live in Florida in getting prepared now its scary please pray for us alright!πŸΆπŸΆβ€β€πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸ’“πŸ’›πŸ’™ love the pictures hun!

2. Francisca Gazley says:

Oh Patricia, this made my day! The bougainvillea, the sea, the wine, the buildings – yes, a little escape from all the sadness experienced in so many parts of the world at the moment! Thank you!

• Patricia Sands says:

Your comment made my day, Francisca! Thank you! Let’s hold on to all those positive thoughts and hope for the best.

3. When I see photos of such beautiful places and peaceful scenes, it’s hard to believe all the negative things going on in the world. Thanks for the pick-me-up.

• Patricia Sands says:

I feel the same as you do, Anneli. I guess a bit of escapism is okay. I know all of us in safe places are focusing all our thoughts on those less fortunate. I’m glad you enjoyed this.

4. Beautiful pictures and a peaceful place.It is hard to believe such places exist as we prepare for Hurricane Irma In Florida!I wish I was there!😎

• Patricia Sands says:

Thanks for stopping by, Catherine. I hope you are in a safe place and that Irma will somehow diminish. All thoughts are with those of you in her path. I wish I could just beam us all over to Provence!

5. Thanks for your post today! A much needed respite. Makes me so happy that I’ve been to France many times and still love it so.

6. Sharon Macdonald says:

Thank you so much for the beautiful photos. We were in Antibes last year at this time. Your photos brought me right back there. Lovely way to start the day!

7. Carole Handel says:

Thank you for these lovely photos and transporting me to a very happy place. I missed out on visiting France this year and gained a beautiful grandson instead.

• Patricia Sands says:

You are welcome, Carole! I can’t think of a better reason to miss a visit to France. Congratulations on your new grandson!

• Carole Handel says:

Thank you Patricia. I totally agree and hope that one day we will be able to share our love of France with him.

• Patricia Sands says:

Carole, we have had all of our children and some of our grandchildren spend time with us in France and they loved the experience. So did we! You have that to look forward to!

8. Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing to brighten an otherwise difficult day.

9. There’s no place like the south of France to brighten the spirits. Thank you, Patricia!

10. Mary McKee says:

Beautiful….thanks for providing a little escape.

• Patricia Sands says:

It’s my pleasure, Mary. I love to share photos from France … and particularly when there is so much bad news swirling around us.

11. Oh! How beautiful! Thank you for taking me away for a few moments. I’m sitting in my favourite cafe, enjoying a Sunday morning coffee and suddenly find myself transported xoxoxoxoxoxoxo <3

12. I love France! And I especially love the South of France. It has been way too long since I have been there, maybe 5 years or so.

13. Thanks for the photo reminders!

14. Wendy Sebbens. says:

All such beautiful places, just wish all this wasn’t so far away from Australia. I often look at my photos and relive all these lovely places. Who knows I might return one day. Memories are a wonderfull thing though!!

15. I’m so blown away by your blog. The photography is just amazing!

I love hearing from you ~ thanks for stopping by